Welcome to Parks Ski Team.
Parks Junior Ski Race Club is a non-profit organization run by parents and governed by ByLaws. Our goal as a club is to provide a safe and fun ski racing and training environment to skiers between the ages of 5 and 18. This includes novice and experienced skiers who seek to improve their skiing and confidence. Skiers must be able to ride the chairlift by themselves.
Parks provides expert coaching during the evening with on-course training and guidance. We provide a low athlete to coach ratio. December brings opening day at Sunburst Ski Area in Kewaskum. This is our home course for training. All racers should buy a season pass to Sunburst. An early season (August) special is usually offered.
Racers train one to three nights per week (Monday, Tuesday and/or Wednesday) starting at 6:30pm. All athletes are enrolled in the Wisconsin Junior Racing Program (WJR). Races are held locally at one of the five southeastern Wisconsin ski areas on six Saturdays from January through early March. We also offer the Central Division U.S. Ski Association (CUSSA) experience for racers that desire added competition. These races are held throughout Wisconsin and Upper Michigan on weekends.
Our High School program is for those racers wanting an extra night of training - they do not belong to WJR or CUSSA and train with the club on Monday only.
Important Parks News:
1.Marquette Mountain Season Pass (for Students) an awesome deal and if your thinking about doing a camp or race well worth it: 99$.http://www.marquettemountain.com/product/2018-19-student-season-pass/
2. Thanksgiving Camp: We are partnering with SWAT this year for our Thanksgiving Camp. All training and free skiing will be done at Loveland ski area. First 2 days will be directed free skiing drills in GS and Slalom. Will have lanes for 4 days (2 hours minimum) with directed skiing before and after.
Dates: Camp starts on Sunday 11-18 and goes thru Friday 11-23, 6 days of training.The price for camp is $1000.00; covers lift tickets, coaching and lane fees.
- This does not include housing, food or transportation.
- There is a free shuttle from the Basin to the Valley where our lanes are.
- A down payment fee of $500.00 will be due on October 1st. With the 2nd [final] payment due on November 1st.
For those interested have them send an email as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the SUBJECT as Colorado Training Camp.
3. PARKS REGISTRATION--Pre-Season Maxie's Mixer
Sunday November 4th, 2018 from 2pm-4pm at Maxie's. 6732 W Fairview AVE, Milwaukee 53213. Cost is $15 per adult and $10/child.
Please remember to bring registration forms to event!
4. DRYLAND TRAINING--PARKS has enlisted Stacy to introduce the athletes and parents to Power yoga. Power Yoga is great for balance, core and flexibility, this will challenge many of our racers and parents.
Location: Kinderburg Park N 104 W14942 Donges Bay Rd Germantown 53022
Every Sunday beginning September 16th from 11am to Noon--continuing for 6 weeks
Cost: $10.00 pr person
5. Sunburst Ski Swap---Sunday October 14th. 10am-2pm